At long last we meet!
My name is Jessica Reimer (jr) and I’m a freelance writer and editor based out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Born and raised in Regina, Saskatchewan, I began my love affair with the written word before I could stand. My proudest piece growing up was a first-grade poem about how boys were smelly and school was boring; if you were near and/or dear to me, you may have been lucky enough to attend a “reading” held from my top bunk bed. Obviously my point of view (and writing content) have transformed over the years, but I like to think I channel the same energy and passion about my writing now as I did at the ripe age of seven.
Back in my tweenage years, I went ga-ga for the trendy “About You” surveys that littered the internet. I thought I’d pay homage to that strange obsession and give you the low-down on what you really need to know about me…
(Thanks to Humor That Works for the prompts!)
- What was your favorite food when you were a child? This one’s a toss-up between Sugar Crisp cereal and prunes.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning cat litter. I look forward to one day being pregnant and exempt from that chore.
- What sound do you love? The ocean, which leads me to question on a regular basis why I live so far from it.
- If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? So far, 24 goes down in history as the most adventurous and momentous year of my life. It wasn’t so much the age as the opportunities, but I’d do it all again… and again… and again.
- If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? A book. This is my lifelong dream.
- If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavour, what would it be? Spiced rum and ginger ale.
- Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? The list has evolved from Avril Lavigne to Sarah Michelle Gellar to my personal favourite and admitted girl crush: Zooey Deschanel.
- Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but turned out to be for the best? Opting to withdraw from my Masters of Arts program in Victoria, BC allowed me to spend four months traveling South East Asia and Australia, purchase my first home, and launch a freelance career that brings all kinds of joy into my life. I’d say it turned out not bad.
- What do you miss most about being a kid? Outside of the obvious freedoms and carefree lifestyle, I plain old miss slumber parties.
- What was the first thing you bought with your own money? CDs from HMV. I believe to this day that music makes this world a better, more beautiful space.
- What story does your family always tell about you? I struck out playing tee-ball. You know, the sport where the ball is connected to the tee by a string, making it virtually impossible to miss...
All jokes aside, I love to be challenged and have yet to stumble upon a creative niche I didn’t fall in love with.
Browse, comment, inspire.